Monday, July 30, 2007

I jumped.

Yep. I jumped out of a plane today (er..yesterday). I've been wanting to go skydiving for a while, and was so happy to find two other friends that wanted to jump as well. I like my friends...they're cool.

I find that many people (before today) asked me 'Aren't you afraid that your parachute won't open?' Well...yes. While driving to the skydiving place, I was afraid that that would be my last drive in my wee little car (which would have been sad, because abbotsford smells). I wouldn't have wanted that final drive in my car to be spent smelling...that...

And interestingly enough (if 'interestingly' is in fact a word), I actually wasn't even thinking of the parachute at all when I jumped...I was too 'in the moment' as I floated around in the sky.

Anyhow, here's the best part of it all. After jumping from the plane onto a nice blanket of clouds (and then promptly falling through them), the sky was totally clear and there was a GORGEOUS sunset over vancouver...absolutely beautiful. A very interesting blessing given that it had been pouring rain earlier in the day. So, all in all, it ended up being a pretty perfect moment really.

So, there you go. I jumped. I'm alive. I'm happy that my chute opened. And I'm glad I have fun friends that will jump out of planes with me.

And if these pictures are enough proof that I dove from 10,000 feet...I also had a video done.

But, for now, enjoy the photos.








3 comments:

  1. well--i am the first to comment--i can't believe i beat ashley--awesome cheryl!!!great pics and i absolutely love your friends!!you got guts and i am glad they are all still intact too!!!loved the goggles picture on facebook--hey next time you take the controls-you have an official certificate now--make that parachute really fly--make sure matt sees these pics--and he thought he was all that!!!love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You're still ALIVE! What a brave friend I have...Miss Cheryl Buttler EVERYBODY!!! How awesome that you celebrated your 25th Birthday in such a special way...albeit a little late. I'm a little sad you didn't post the 'spec in the sky' picture...that was the best by far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I believe...

    Also, I believe I'm going to need to know where to get one of those jumpsuits.

    ReplyDelete