Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cliche CHRISTmas thoughts ;)

I'll be honest.....I actually highly dislike blogging.....truly do.  I hate writing about myself, which is why I've been so focused on just posting photos lately.  Thought about even changing this blog to more of a photography blog (given that's what it's technically turned into ;)

I think, in turn, the reason why I'm not sharing so much is that I've really been questioning a lot of 'things' lately.....I've been learning a lot and I don't know how to verbalize it all here.....or even if I really want to.  But for the sake of what I've been struggling with, and the fact that just maybe someone might be reading this over the holidays, here's what's on my mind ;)

I've been thinking a lot this christmas about what it actually means to be a christian.  Over the past year, I've been watching christians....and I mean CLOSELY ;)  I tend to be a people watcher anyhow, but this has been different.

I "claim" to be a christian, but I have really been watching my actions and words and wondering if I am TRULY portraying the Jesus that I know in my heart.  If you are reading this and don't know Jesus, know that he is FAR better than our/my humanness will ever be able to share or portray.....we are a very broken representation of an awesome God.  And in fact, our frailty in representing Christ at times is maybe just more PROOF that we need someone bigger than us.....

I realize it's entirely cliche that I'm thinking about all of this around christmas, but truthfully, what better way to spend the holiday than comtemplating Christ ;)  So many presents and dinners and other things that will take our focus off of the one who deserves our focus the most.....I've been actually a little overwhelmed contemplating the holiday this year.....this last year has been really challenging and God has been nothing but GOOD to me through it all :)

Anyhow, I wanted to share some photos from an orphanage that I visited while in Cambodia.....I was sitting in this pizza place one evening and this group of girls from the UK handed me an invitation to a party at this orphanage they were volunteering at....and I obviously agreed to visit (who doesn't want to hang out with some kids? :)

I got there and was a little nervous, but after about 5 minutes, I felt right at home ;)  And the best part was when they pulled out this tarp and laid it on the dirt to act as a dance floor.....and then we danced for a solid couple hours!  And these kids could honestly dance.....like dance beyonce off the floor.....they were THAT good ;)

Anyhow, I've never written so much in my life!  I hope that (whoever is reading this) has an awesome Christmas holiday!  Enjoy the photos....and understand that we are very blessed here in Canada.  The kids below likely ain't gonna get any turkey this christmas, and their joy will still remain ;)  Pretty awesome to see....awesome kids.....

Merry Christmas! ;)







2 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to share your blog with us :-) & I hope God continues to guide you :-)

    ReplyDelete